SugarLoaf's life as a Tanker's Wifey!

Simply my experience of being a military wife while trying to keep my sanity!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 28, 2006

My First Blog

Hello readers. This is my first blog on here. I have been blogging for some time on myspace, however I feel I need a new outlet, one that will allow me release all these thoughts and feelings of everyday life of an Army wife, at least in my perspective! Today I attended an event called "SpouseBuzz Live" it was great. You can go to spousebuzz.com to get more info. I was inspired today to start my own blog. I am in the last month of the current deployment, I really wish I had this thing earlier! However, I feel it came to me just in time. I feel that I handled this deployment very well, but the last couple months have been really hard emotionally on me. At SpouseBuzz today I met ArmywifeToddlermom, I felt that she spoke right to me! She told this amazing homecoming story. It was not your typical sweet happy homecoming story. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I was beginning to think I was the only spouse who was afraid of the homecoming, who pretty much dreaded the whole thing. She helped me to see that I am not alone with these feelings. Most of what I am feeling is because I am just so afraid things won't be "ready" or "perfect" for when my husband gets home. This is all stress that I am putting on myself. My husband just wants to be home with me and our dog, wake up in the morning next to me, and sing his song in our shower. He is not expecting this whole idea that I have in my head. I know he has tried to tell me this before, but I never "heard" him till I was listening to ArmywifeToddlermom's story today. I am so grateful to her for telling her story, I almost feel not so crazy inside! I will be blogging more, telling the readers a little more about me, and I can't wait to hear any comments or questions!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the "blog world." Thank you for coming to SpouseBUZZ LIVE. Good luck with the impending homecoming.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm so glad you made it to SpouseBUZZ, it was such an awesome experience. Thanks for commenting on my blog, it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy ;o)

Good luck with your new blog!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

Welcome to the blogosphere...

you will love it.

Also thank you for coming to the SpouseBuzz live event, I am so glad the discussion resonated!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

Also, I have heard from several spouses that they think deployments are easier than reunions!!

Always good to know "we are not alone"!!

Now have fun, and he won't notice the dust, I PROMISE!!

He wants a "relaxed wife when he comes home.

8:51 PM  
Blogger LoveMyTanker said...

I am so glad that you came to SpouseBUZZ Live! I am happy that you will be blogging and sharing your stories with all of us!!! Best wishes!!!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome into blogging. You're in great company with the folks at SpouseBUZZ.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

So glad you came to the event & that you heard some things that are helpful and interesting. :)

Enjoy your upcoming homecoming AND blogging!

Melinda, Guard Wife
http://mostcertainlynot.typepad.com

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home