SugarLoaf's life as a Tanker's Wifey!

Simply my experience of being a military wife while trying to keep my sanity!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 10, 2006

People and their Comments

I was just reading a blog from a fellow Army Wife. She was talking about how she is sick of hearing people say things about the deployment almost being over now and that she should be so excited now that she is at the 6 month mark. I remember that mark....it doesn't feel like some magical place, it didn't make me feel any different, it just made me see that there were still at least 6 more months to go....."stop rubbing it in my face" I felt like saying so many times! The first month or two was pretty hard, trying to find my place, adjust to this new lifestyle as a army wife without her soldier, now that I am in the last month, I have realized that this is also a very hard time, if not harder. The middle was so easy, I got through it all. I was asked what I did to help the time go by faster, and I really don't remember, I just lived life, found things occasionally to make a day here and there go fast. As much as I wanted to just sleep the year away, I didn't do that. I totally understand what she was saying though, the only difference is that I am in a different stage of the deployment so I get the "wow less than a month, you must be so excited!" those are the people I would like to smack around, those comments tend to stress me out more. I am usually a happy and friendly person, but I totally fake it during those comments, even when my husband tries to talk about how he can't wait to get home. I give him the support the best I can from here, I tell him I am excited also, I just leave out the details! One thing though, I think I would rather be wanting to scream throughout the day from the stress of the homecoming than to be coming home to that empty house for the first night, realizing I have about 350 more nights of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home