SugarLoaf's life as a Tanker's Wifey!

Simply my experience of being a military wife while trying to keep my sanity!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 10, 2006

In a weird place

So I live in a duplex on post, the wall that connects us is the kitchen wall and the master bedroom wall...fun. As mentioned before, I dont talk to any of my neighbors, I think I saw this specific neighbor like once or twice. I usually dont go to bed till real late anyway, but if I happen to go in early and "hear" them I always end up in the living room for a little while. i would often hear them laughing and joking around, it made me miss john so much, because that's how we are most of the time, At first it just simply made me sad, but then I got to where it felt sort of comforting to hear them over there laughing and being happy, it was nice to know that I wasn't alone in the duplex, and they reminded me of us, so it helped me to drift in to thoughts of me and john. Well her husband just deployed a couple weeks ago, and I noticed that she sleeps with the TV on now...very loud! I don't want to say anything because I don't even talk to her, and plus I feel like I know where she is right now, she is trying to adjust to her life without him, she is alone over there, and just the silence can drive you crazy, so I try to zone out the TV. I noticed last night she was watching some war movie, I did that also when john first left, I felt like even the movies that were about vietnam or WWII could still help me feel close to him, or to maybe understand what he is going through over there. I know it doesnt really, but at that time I thought it did, and I was trying to latch onto anything I could. I have actually thought about moving my bed to the opposite wall when john gets home, just in case we are loud :) I don't want to make it worse for her because I know when john gets home she will still be in a transitional stage. I don't know if that is all just weird or not, I mean I don't really even know her, but I did start to think about that stuff.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I think it's really awesome that you're taking her feelings into consideration, too, the world would be a better place if we were all that way!

3:17 PM  
Blogger LoveMyTanker said...

You are a far better person than most people I know! Salutes to you and your warm, thoughtful heart!!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home