SugarLoaf's life as a Tanker's Wifey!

Simply my experience of being a military wife while trying to keep my sanity!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Me the FRG leader....

So today me and a few of "my" ladies got together today to paint our welcome home banners for the gym and barracks. I had sort of been trying to put this off I think, but we needed to get it done this month! It wasnt so bad, except for the damn wind. We brought bricks to hold the sheets down, but that didn't help all that much! At least they are done and they turned out pretty well! I know the next couple weeks I will be so busy with all this homecoming stuff. I guess I will be happy once this part is over! Yesterday I was driving home from the PX and as i came around the corner I suddenly saw a huge group of soldiers rushing into the gym with their bags. I immediately started crying like a crazy person! As I continued to drive, I saw the white buses, and the rest of the guys in formation waiting for their turn to start running. I was having a "good" day, I wasn't expecting that, I wasn't ready for that. I was happy for those families inside the gym, and a part of me thought, "I still have __ days before he's home" and the other side of me thought "I ONLY have __ days before he's home" I was crying for awhile, but I could not tell if it was happy or sad tears. I mean all year while I have seen those white buses I knew it was them taking more of our guys away, later in teh year I know that they meant the other division is now leaving, but that didnt make me happy, it just made me feel those feelings of the day I watched him get on that bus! I hate those white buses!!!! John told me that I will soon get over my dislike for those things once I am in the gym and aware that the white buses brought him to me. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

the countdown begins...take some deep breathe...

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home